Privacy and Security
PRIVACY AND SECURITY NOTICE
- www.csl.army.mil is provided as a public service by the US Army War College.
- Information presented on www.csl.army.mil is considered public information
and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government
computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used
for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining
technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to
all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor
network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information,
or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made
to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no
other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National
Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service
are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse
Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please
forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org
www.csl.army.mil does not use persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information
back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser.
www.csl.army.mil does use session cookies, i.e., tokens that remain active
only until you close your browser, in order to (make the site easier for you to
use). No database of information obtained from these cookies is kept and when you
close your browser, the session cookies are deleted from your computer.
You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but you will not be able to log in. The help information in your browser software should provide
you with instruction on how to disable/enable cookies.